top of page


Non-Academic Complaint Resolution:

The process for resolution of a student complaint regarding student life and residence issues (non-academic) is for the student to communicate with his/her residence director, as applicable. If the matter is not resolved satisfactorily within a reasonable period of time, then the student’s complaint should be submitted in writing to the Director of Student Development. The student may be asked to meet with the Vice President for clarification of issues, and will receive a response in writing from the Vice President, with a copy going to the President. Appeals relative to student disciplinary issues are handled in accordance with the Community Accountability Program process detailed in the “Appeal of a Community Accountability Decision” section of the Student Handbook.


Academic Grievance:

The process for resolution of a student grievance regarding academic personnel and policy matters (non-student life) is for the student to communicate the grievance in writing to the Vice President of Academic Affairs. The student may be asked to meet with the Vice President for clarification of issues. Upon review of the grievance, the Vice President will then determine if it is necessary to bring the grievance to the Academic Affairs Committee. If a resolution is not determined, or if the student chooses to appeal the decision of the Academic Affairs Committee, the grievance will be submitted to the President’s Cabinet for a final decision. The student will receive a response in writing from the Vice President, with a copy going to the President.


Texas Student Complaint Policy:

Students can file a complaint with the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board by visiting the Board’s Student Complaints page for forms and a description of the complaint procedure: The web address for the rules governing student complaints is located in Title 19 of the Texas Administrative Code, Sections 1.110- 1.120, Texas Administrative Code (


Complainants shall submit student complaint forms through the online process provided on the agency's website, by electronic mail (email) to, or by hard copy sent to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, College Readiness and Success Division, P.O. Box 12788, Austin, Texas 78711-2788. Facsimile (FAX) transmissions of the student complaint form are not accepted. All submitted complaints must include a student complaint form and a signed Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Consent and Release form, which is at the bottom of the student complaint form. Submitted complaints regarding students with disabilities shall also include a signed Authorization to Disclose Medical Record Information form, which is at the bottom of the student complaint form. 

Accreditation Commission:

How to File a Complaint against an Institution Accredited by TRACS

1. An individual may make an inquiry to TRACS regarding complaint procedures or about issues and concerns that could be considered complaints, at which time TRACS will direct the individual to the TRACS website ( with instructions to download the packet containing the Policies and Procedures for Complaints against Member Institutions, the TRACS Complaint Information Sheet, and the TRACS Complaint Processing Form. However, TRACS’ response and its obligations to meet the specific timetables outlined in these procedures will begin only after the complainant submits all documents required in the TRACS Complaint Information Sheet.

2. A formal complaint is one that is:

a. Submitted in writing using the TRACS Complaint Processing Form (including answering fully all the questions and attaching all required supporting documentation),

b. Signed, and

c. Sent to the attention of the President of TRACS by the complainant(s). Complaints which are not in writing, anonymous, or sent electronically or through facsimile transmission will not be considered.

3. Two hard copies of the fully completed TRACS Complaint Processing Form and all supporting documents are to be sent to: President, Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools, 15935 Forest Rd., Forest VA 24551. (not electronically nor through facsimile transmission). 

SARA Student Complaint Process: 

Complaints against a SARA participating institution must first go through the institution's own grievance procedures. All complaints regarding student grades or conduct violations are governed by the institution and the laws of the institution's home state. 

If a student is not satisfied with the outcome of the institutional grievance process, the student may appeal, within two years of the incident, to the SARA portal agency of the institution's home state.

For all complaints regarding Texas degree-granting postsecondary institutions participating in SARA, complete the Student Complaint and Release Form and email the form to

For questions regarding SARA policies and procedures, please contact Cathie Maeyaert at

For more information, visit: 

bottom of page