Counseling (Online and Residential Programs)


"MC's counseling program prepares students for relational ministry in the world and in the church."

~ Dr. James Rayburn l Program Chair

COU2213 Counseling Children and Adolescents

"I have a better understanding of the stages of development and learning styles of different age groups. It was a great class to prepare anyone desiring to minister to or work with young people."  

~ Katelyn McCleskey

SOC2023 Marriage and Family

"Marriage and Family taught me two key things: 1) your family comes before your ministry ; 2) marriage is a partnership, not an ownership. The course is a handbook of do's and dont's for a family in ministry."  

~ Tyler Price


Pastoral Counselor

Graduate Student (Social Work, School Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, Rehabilitation Counseling, Mental Health Counseling, etc.) 

Director of Student Services

Human Resource Assistant

Travel and Hospitality Liaison

Communications Facilitator

Client Advocate

Mental Healthcare Technician

Social Work Technician

Case Management Assistant

Vocational Rehabilitation Assistant 

Non-profit Worker 

Career Counselor


129 credit hours l leadership development, practical ministry training, scholarly biblical knowledge, advanced preparation for continued education and employment, field practicum

Sample Study Sequence:

Semester One: Academic Success, English Comp 1, Humanities Elective, Old Testament History and Literature, Christian Worldview, Practical Ministry Training 1

Semester Two: Biblical Interpretation, English Comp 2, General Psychology, New Testament History and Literature, Marriage and Family, Practical Ministry Training 2

Semester Three: Math Elective, American Government, Survey of Church Ministries, Essentials of Leadership, Major Course, Practical Ministry Training 3

Semester Four: Speech, Life of Christ, Major Course, Major Course, Major Course, Practical Ministry Training 4

Semester Five: Theology 1, Science Elective, History Elective, Major Course, Major Course, Practical Ministry Training 5

Semester Six: Theology 2, Romans, Major Course, Major Course, General Elective, Practical Ministry Training 6

Semester Seven: Language 1, Theology of Ministry, Intro to Philosophy, History of the Pentecostal and Charismatic Movement, Major Course, Field Practicum

Semester Eight: Language 2, Senior Seminar, Person and Work of the Holy Spirit, Major Course, Major Course


Notice Concerning Counseling Degree and Licensure: 

The Bachelor of Arts in Counseling is not intended to lead to licensure/certification.

Please reload

The Bachelor of Arts in Counseling degree focuses on preparing students for counseling in a pastoral setting, and  further graduate work in the professional field of school counseling, social work, marriage and family therapy, or mental health care counseling. Students intending to pursue graduate studies should maintain a minimum cumulative gpa of 3.0.


The curriculum includes 129 credit hours  and can be completed in four or five years of study in the Residential and Online Learning Program.  


Interested students may begin by applying for admissions at Messenger College. The Office of Enrollment Services will assist you in selecting the appropriate courses in your first semester of study.